Bevertec CST Inc.
Last modified: December 31, 2022
By accessing or using our Service, you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to our collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, you may provide us your personal information when you place an order, register for an account, make a purchase, post a review, send us messages, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, submit a job application, participate in a survey, or use some other feature of our Service.
We may link or combine your activities and information collected from you on our websites, information we receive from third parties, as well as information we collect automatically through tracking technologies (defined below). In some countries, we may also utilize session-replay technologies, which are software code to log your interactions with the Sites in a manner that allows us to reproduce your click mouse movements, scrolls, and keystrokes/key touches during sessions. This information allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us and helps us diagnose any usability problems to improve our Service. These third-party partners may include Google Analytics, Microsoft, and Splunk whose privacy choice procedures may be available on their websites.
The categories of personal information we collect may include:
Information you provide:
- Contact and profile information. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, address, business information, gender, age, postal/zip code, and e-mail address, when you register for our Service, place an order, sign up for our mailing list, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. We use this information to create, verify and personalize your account, to fulfill your request or transaction, to communicate with you directly, and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your preferences.
- Payment and transaction information. We may collect information such as items purchased, date and time of your transaction, amount purchased, and payment information, such as your banking information through wire transfer, credit card or cheque, when you make a purchase/process a payment for our Services. We use this information to fulfill your order and complete your transaction and detect and prevent fraud for Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
- Comments, chat, and opinions. When you contact us directly (e.g., by email, phone, mail or by completing an online form or participating in online chat), or participate in an online meeting, we may transcribe your comments and opinions. We may also store comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys. We use this information to respond to your question or comment, to evaluate and improve our products and services and to inform our marketing and advertising activities. When you contact us directly to submit a concern, complaint, or question, we may transcribe your comments and collect the personal information contained in your communications (e.g., contact information, photos, etc.). We use this information to respond to your questions or concerns, and to evaluate and improve our products and services.
Information we collect when you use our Sites and our Service:
- Information you may post or submit to our Sites. We may collect information about how you use and interact with our Sites and our Service, including any content you post to the Service. If you share photos and video from a mobile device, we will access your device camera roll and camera with your permission as needed to post your content. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device.
- In-office video or images. We use CCTV cameras in our offices for security, fraud, incident reporting and loss-prevention purposes, compliance or, improve operations and other purposes.
Information provided by others:
- Information provided by social networks. When you interact with our Service through various social media networks, such as when you “Like” us on Facebook or when you follow us or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram or other social networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the social network to share with third- parties. We use this information to complete your profile, to better understand the demographics of our customers and to inform our advertising and marketing activities. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before linking or connecting them to our Sites or Service.
- Information provided by others. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties and other users. For example, we may obtain information from our marketing partners or from third parties to enhance or supplement our existing user information. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you directly.
Information collected from applicants for employment:
- If you apply for a job through our Sites, we collect the information you include in your application, which could include your name, address, phone number, email address as well as sensitive personal information including your work or education background and history and other such information. We may also obtain information about you from your references. We may also receive this information if you submit an application through a third-party site or service, or if we receive your information through a recruiter or employment agency. We collect and use the personal information of applicants for employment to evaluate the application and the suitability of employment, and use sensitive personal information collected according to relevant applicable law.
- This information will be retained for a period defined by our retention policies, which is tailored to the legal requirements of the location for which you are applying. We may retain an applicant’s personal information for a reasonable time period after the date of application for the purpose of assessing an individual's suitability for other employment opportunities within our organization, though we have no obligation to do so and the applicant may wish to submit another application to be considered for another job opening of interest.
2. HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- To fulfill your requests and provide our Services to you. For example, we may use your information to complete your order, or respond to your customer service requests or feedback. We may also use your information to personalize your experience with us.
- For marketing and analytics purposes. We may send you communications about new features, updates, products and special offers. We may also use your information to serve you ads about products and special offers about our products or other products or services we think you might find interesting. We may also use individual and aggregate information about you to develop more complete customer profiles to develop new products, understand our customers, and to inform our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- To communicate with you. For example, we may communicate with you about your account activities, such as by providing you transaction confirmations, or updating you about employment opportunities for which you've applied. If you register with us, we may enroll you in our email newsletter or other periodic electronic communications and may also send you user surveys and promotional communications. We may communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means.
- To monitor, improve and develop our products and services. We may use your information to understand our customers and tailor our product offerings accordingly. We may use your interactions with our Services as the basis for developing new customer service capabilities; for example, by using records of your website chats with our chatbot or phone call recordings with our customer service team to train artificial intelligence customer service. Your personal information may be used in combination transactions in order to understand our customers, and product responses. From time to time, we analyze statistics and trends to make our Sites and Services better and to develop new services or features.
3. WHAT INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY?
When you visit our Sites and Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect information about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access the Service. This information allows us to improve your customer experience. For example, we may use this information to monitor and improve our Sites and Services, and for other internal purposes. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, software code or software development kits, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly.
Specifically, we and our third-party partners may use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about how you access the Service, such as the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Sites, how frequently you access the Service, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service.
- Information about how you use the Service, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, your location when you access or interact with our Service, and other similar actions.
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other such information.
- Analytics information. We may collect analytics data, or use third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users.
- We, or our third party partners, may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; (g) detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and (h) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
- Do Not Track. There is currently no universally accepted standard for signaling Do Not Track, so we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser at this time. Rather, we adhere to the standards established in this Policy.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information in the instances described below.
- The public: When you provide feedback or post user content on our Service (e.g., if you post a product review on our Sites or comment on our social media sites), your information (e.g., your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments) may be displayed on our Sites or on our social media pages. When you engage with us on social media, we may tag your social media account or the social media account of others (e.g., to give photo credit to another user).
- With your consent or at your direction: In addition to sharing and disclosure described in this Policy, we may share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
Other instances in which we may disclose your personal information:
- Service providers and advisors: Personal information may be disclosed with third party vendors and other service providers who perform services for us or on our behalf. This may include vendors and providers who provide security services such as penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, fraud prevention or audit/compliance (e.g., SOC 2 or PCI-DSS).
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third-party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
In connection with any of the above, we may share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you.
5. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Data storage and transfer: Your information collected through our Service may be stored and processed in Canada or any other country in which Bevertec or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Canadian law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that have data protection laws that may be more or less restrictive than those required under Canadian law.
- Data retention: We will retain your personal information as long as reasonably necessary to maintain the Service, to meet legal and accounting obligations, and for the other purposes described in this Policy, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. We may anonymize and/or aggregate personal information and store it in order to analyze aggregate metrics and trends.
- Keeping your information safe: Security of your information is very important to us, and we have put in place safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information we collect and share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems at all times. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of data security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take additional steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Anonymized Data: We will not attempt to re-identify your information that has been deidentified, in the course of providing services to other organizations.
6. JURISDICTIONAL DISCLOSURES
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures about our data privacy practices depending on your province or country of residence. Please refer to the data privacy laws for your specific country of residence.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Because we understand how important it is to protect the privacy of children, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from children under the age of 13 on the Service, and we request that individuals under the age of 16 not provide us with personal information. In the event we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise the online activity of their children, including visiting websites. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us using the contact information below. For more information on specific country protections relating to the information of children, please review your specific country of residence laws.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability resulting from you following a link these websites. Additionally, other privacy policies may apply when you engage with us through a co-branded or co-sponsored marketing activity. We strongly recommend that you read the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of any third-party website or service to understand how your information will be collected, used and shared. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
Where appropriate, we provide you with choices as to how we use your personal information. You may also have certain rights under applicable data protection laws, which you may exercise free of charge. For more information regarding these rights, and the countries where these rights are available, please refer to the local contact information provided in the Jurisdictional Disclosures as outlined in Section 6. The contact details of our data protection officer, if one is appointed, can be found below. If you have questions or feedback about our collection and processing of personal data that is specific to the particular region in which you live, you may also reach us at:
Bevertec CST Inc
Attention: Data Protection Officer
400-5025 Orbitor Drive, Building 2
Mississauga, Ontario CANADA L4W 4Y5
We may modify or update this Policy from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and practices, so you should review this Policy periodically. When we change this Policy in a material manner, we will so indicate by updating the “last modified” date in the heading of this Policy.